Anti Snoring Chin Strap Reviews: The 6 Brands We Chose to Review
It is true that chin straps are one of the simplest and most effective anti-snoring devices around, although it can be uncomfortable. Chin straps are effective only for people who snore through the mouth, and works well if it stays in position throughout the night.
However, as we’re being honest, chin straps do not work for everybody, especially:
- People who toss and turn while sleeping is unlikely to keep it in position.
- If the cause of your snoring is nasal congestion or sleep apnea, chin straps will not work
How do chin straps work?
Chin straps mainly work by holding your jaw firmly in place. When you wear a chin strap, the device does not let the tongue and throat tissues fall back to block the airways. As a result, you no longer snore.
If you are using a Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) machine for sleep apnea, your doctor may also ask you to use a chin strap. If you tend to sleep with the mouth open, only CPAP therapy can prove counterproductive. The reason is that the air that enters your throat through the mask escapes out of the mouth and does not keep the airways open. So if you are a sleep apnea patient and you sleep with your mouth open, you must use a chin strap while getting CPAP therapy.
Using chin straps is easy and it is an affordable option. Since it provides you with immediate results, it is better than other options such as trying nasal sprays or taking medicines.
If you are dealing with a snoring problem, a jaw-supporting chin strap can help you and your partner enjoy a more restful night. Read on to know some of the best brands of chin straps.
This chin strap works excellent for people undergoing CPAP therapy. It comes in two adult sizes and that is why everybody finds it adjustable. This chin strap is used in combination with a CPAP machine to treat obstructive sleep apnea. Many doctors now recommend this durable and hypoallergenic chin strap.
- Velcro closures help it keep in position
- Suitable for people who toss and turn while sleeping
- Does not work for all snorers
- Design seems complex
This chin strap works by keeping your natural position overnight. Designed for both men and women, this device has gained popularity for a number of good features. This is a great solution to dry throat and mouth in the morning. This device is made from smooth, stretchable, non-irritative fabric, so it does not cause any discomfort. By improving REM sleep, it makes you feel fresh in the morning.
- Fits well because of adjustable Velcro strips
- Made of non-irritative material
- Not durable enough
- Smells like rubber
- Cannot be returned if you don’t like it
My Snoring Solution
This device is made from polyester and it works, like most other anti-snoring devices, by supporting lower jaw and retaining the airway open. Most customers say that it is comfortable. For three years in a row, this device has been ranked No.1 in the USA. Its perfect design can reduce your snoring instantly. By improving REM sleep, it promotes better health.
- Made from 100% polyester
- Returnable within 90 days
- Not cleared by the FDA
- A bit expensive
- Does not allow breathing through the mouth while wearing it
Philips Respironics Premium
This is another favorite chin strap for those who snore keeping their mouth open. This device can be used alone or with CPAP therapy. Its vertical design promotes a vertical angle of force on the chin and makes it comfortable. Philips Respironics Premium is easy to keep in position because it wraps around the back of the head for stability.
- One size fits all
- Medical grade device
- Tends to fall apart more quickly than others
- Users with sensitive skin find it harsh on skin
- It takes some time to get used to it
Deluxe Wide CPAP Strap
This is a comfortable and chin strap suitable for CPAP users. Users like its wide, under-the-chin design. It is comfortable because the pressure is distributed over a large area. It basically works by holding the mouth during sleep. For extra ability and comfort, it is secured by two elastic bands.
- Can be hand washed in mild detergent
- Some users say that their ears hurt while wearing it
- Too wide and slips off the head too easily
- A little weird looking
Waki Home Jaw Support Belt
Manufactured with soft and flexible fabric, this chin strap will not make you itchy while wearing it. It has four fully wide adjustable Velcro straps that let you adjust the device according to your need. Because of its triangle design, it does not slide off very easily. It is comfortable because it reveals your ears and is not oppressive. Waki Home Jaw Support Belt is very easy to use.
- Compatible with CPAP masks
- Increases the effectiveness of CPAP machine
- Stays in position and encourages breathing through the nose
- Must be hand-washed to clean
- Works only for those who breathe through the mouth
- Users usually take 2 weeks to get used to it